Pistol of Nürnberg
Large pistol with wheel of use in France, Germany and Holland in the years 1620-1680.
The overall length is 57 cm and the calibre is 13mm.
Wheel and hammer spring external.
With the shooting the lid of the small basin seals retracts automatically to light the powder by pyrite arcs (not by flint).
The punch with the thunder is probably that of the town of Nürnberg (Bavarian, Germany): an eagle with the wings spread with N in the center.
Nürnberg was a great center arms manufacturers with 16th and 17th century.
Back to "GERMAN GUNS"