A flintlock over-and-under double-barrelled pistol manufactured by Thaddäus Poltz in Karlsbad, circa 1770.
Blued two-stage barrels, the breech section octagonal then round with smooth bores in 14 mm calibre. Decorative vines inlaid in gold on top of the breech. The tang is numbered "2".
Good flintlocks, the right one bears an engraved signature.
Walnut full stock with brass furniture showing remnants of gilding. Side mounted wooden ramrod with brass tip.
Length 41 cm.
Thaddäus Poltz, known 1763 - 88. Did his apprenticeship in Vienna 1763 - 68.
Back to "GERMAN GUNS"