A very interesting Austrian carbine.
In 1871, while Austro-Hungarian Army was equipped with the old single shot Werndl rifle, the Feldgendarmerie adopted this new tubular magazine rifle.
The magazine could contain six rounds in 11 mm cal (Scharfe Patrone M. 1867).
The rear sight was graduated up to 600 steps (about 600 yards.)
There was a magazine cut off system obtained by a sliding piece on the right side of the bolt.
It seems that were made only 12.000 of this carbine (3.000 by Fruwirth & 9.000 by OEWG).
Back to "AUSTRIA GUNS"